A Farewell Before the Gods
Before the Gods, before the sacred powers that have witnessed my love, my grief, my hope, and my surrender, I now speak these final words.
I release you.
I release the hope that you will return.
I release the future I imagined beside you.
I release the questions that have no answers, the words that were never spoken, and the things I wished could have been different.
I do not release you because you meant nothing.
I release you because you meant so much that I can no longer allow my love for you to keep me standing at a door you have chosen to close.
May the Gods witness that I loved you truly, with the heart I had, with the understanding I possessed, and with all the devotion I was capable of giving.
What was sacred to me remains sacred in memory. But memory is not a chain, and love does not give me ownership over another person's life.
Therefore, before the Gods and before my own conscience, I sever this bond of expectation.
No secret path.
No manipulation.
No reaching through another person.
No waiting for signs.
No attempting to force what is not freely offered.
I will not pursue what has been withdrawn.
I return to you your freedom, your silence, your choices, and your future.
And I take back my own.
May the Gods guide you where you are meant to go.
May your life become peaceful.
May you find whatever happiness you seek.
May you be protected from harm, and may you become everything you are capable of becoming.
I ask nothing from you in return.
As for me, I will carry what was beautiful without allowing it to prevent me from living.
Let the memories remain where they belong: behind me, honored but not worshiped.
Let the grief pass through me without becoming my home.
Let the love that remains become wisdom rather than longing.
Let the thread between us be cut—not with hatred, not with vengeance, not with contempt, but with acceptance.
What was ours, was ours.
What is yours, is yours.
What is mine, is mine.
And what is finished, I now permit to be finished.
May Hestia keep the flame of my own hearth.
May Hermes guide me upon the road ahead.
May Dionysus teach me that life continues even after devastation.
May Persephone remind me that even those who enter the deepest darkness may one day return to the light.
May the Gods receive this grief and transform it into strength.
I bless you.
I release you.
I forgive what I can forgive.
I accept what I cannot change.
And I walk away.
Not because I never loved you.
Because I did.
And because I must finally learn to love myself enough to stop asking a closed door to open.
May you go in peace.
May I go in peace.
May our paths remain separate.
May there be no further harm between us.
And may this be the final farewell.
Before the Gods, I close this chapter.
Before the Gods, I sever the expectation.
Before the Gods, I reclaim myself.
Before the Gods, I let you go.
So it is spoken.
So it is witnessed.
So it is released.
May the Gods bless you.
May the Gods bless me.
And may we both be free.
Comments
Post a Comment